Recipes - Soy, Dairy, Fructose, Chemical, Grains & Gluten Free
- Organic chicken cut into strips, soaked in coconut amino acids, sautéed in ghee (& optional – top lightly w/Coconut amino acid after)
- Black beans with fresh chopped garlic (sauté garlic (burns fast!), bring garlic and beans to rolling boil, then simmer for a few min)
- Fresh, organic salsa
- Fresh avocado mashed with lime juice & salt
- “Nacho cheese" (see recipe below)
Vegan “Nacho cheese”
- 1c. raw cashews
- 1/2 tsp ground chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sweet pimento
- 2-3 freshly squeezed limes
- 1/3c. avocado oil
- 1/3c. water
- 1 tsp maldron (flaky) sea salt
Heat oil, add spices, stir constantly for about 30 seconds with spices, add cashews and stir until fragrant and lightly browned. Toss in blender. Mix remaining ingredients. Done.
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Mix (with spatula so turkey doesn’t stick)
2. Fry in ghee (flatten to about 1/4-1/2” thickness & be patient - takes a bit to cook, turnover when edges are cooked & middle is slightly pink)
*I doubled everything to have leftovers for school snack tomorrow
Homemade turkey sausage (see above), sweet potato chip, (slice thin, mix in bowl with avocado oil + salt, spread out on cooking sheet, cook 425 degrees for 30-40+ min, until smells sweet), flip them halfway through,) fried egg (w/salt & pepper in ghee), fresh avocado.
First, these are delicious. Next, they’re simple breakfasts. Third, they’re considered a superfood & are high in antioxidants, which is really good for your body for reasons I can’t really explain. Fourth, the kids crush it. I use a frozen, organic & unsweetened açaí mix from @sambazon. I mash it up a little in the package before tossing into blender with kale, spinach, frozen bananas & almond milk. Top with hempseed, fresh fruit, chia, goji berries, coconut shavings, almonds or flax.
Stab each sweet potato several times with a fork (prevents them from exploding or something & lets juices out). Put sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with foil or silpat. Bake at 425 degrees until tender, about 45 minutes. Thicker the potato the longer to cook. Smells sweet & juices drain out. That’s how I knew they were done.
With organic, unsweetened apple sauce, lots of pre-soaked chia, açaí berry sauce, hemp seeds, flax & blueberries. Stir it up & kids hunt for blueberries like hidden treasures.
Serving size: 8 cups*
- 1 avocado (adds thickness)
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 medjool dates (to sweeten the deal)
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp local bee pollen
- 1-2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- Soaked chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- k2 powder (vitamin)
- Turmeric powder
- 3 stalks of crisp kale (leaves only)
- Blend liquids & kale until puréed. Kids (and me!) hate the chunks, otherwise.
- Add remaining ingredients; powder stuff first, then the thicker stuff. Blend until smooth & to desired thickness.
- Serve with fancy omega swirl designs on top (the man with the yellow hat for the overzealous, simple stars for the rest of us).
*We make a triple batch of this so we're only making it every few days and it is part of breakfast almost every day. We also add organic coconut milk (the kind with the hard chunks, which are higher in fat) at bedtime on occasion to help sustain blood sugar overnight and prevent kiddo from waking up due to feeling hungry.